|What i Did at School Today (Rev. 2018)|
|Author||MEE, John - Other Plays by this Author - Contact Author|
|Synopsis||Lloyd George Junior School has had an inspection, and the report’s not good. The scheming head is only concerned with sucking up to anyone who’ll enhance his CV, and the all-female staff are either too lazy, too disgruntled, or too naive to care. Suddenly, a handsome new supply teacher walks in and everyone falls over to win his attention. Shocked to find the woman he loved and lost at uni there, can he re-kindle the flame?|
|Cast||Main Parts: 5F + 2M
Smaller Parts: 4F + 2M (minimum 13)|
MAIN PARTS (5F, 2M):
* Maxine McManus - Caretaker. Mid-forties.
Downtrodden and dowdy. Complains about everybody and everything.
PLAYED BY A WOMAN, OR BY A MAN PLAYING A WOMAN.
* Mrs Jubb - Secretary. Mid-sixties widow.
Subservient, dithery and doddery.
* Clive Beasley - Head teacher. Mid-forties.
Anal and pompous. Full of his own importance.
* Dan Thomson - Year 6 supply teacher. Mid-thirties.
Smart, sporty, all-round good egg.
* Kate Faraday - Year 5 teacher. Mid-thirties.
Professional, dedicated, maternal.
* Jenny Peasgood - Year 4 teacher. Early twenties.
Hopeless at everything, especially teaching. Frightened of children.
* Liz Nicholas - Year 3 teacher. Early fifties.
Large, loud and licentious. A big appetite for food and men!
SMALL SPEAKING PARTS (4F, 2M):
* Pat Lowther - Infants teacher. Early forties female. Deadpan.
* Emma & Holly - Two inseparable friends.
PLAYED BY CHILDREN OR PETITE ADULTS.
* The Smedley-Allens - Mid-thirties nouveau-riche parents. (Act II only)
* Councillor Tate - Middle-aged Chair of Governors. (Act II only).
COULD DOUBLE AS MAXINE.
|Status||Available for performance|
|DOWNLOADS - these do not include any performance rights|
|What i Did at School Today.pdf||Fri, 18th May 2018||Rev. June 2018||Available to print: £0.00||Download here|
|Contact Details: visit www.comedyplays.co.uk OR email author via email@example.com (for other licences please contact the Author)|
|Amateur Performance||Any||Visit www.comedyplays.co.uk or email author via firstname.lastname@example.org||Free|
What i Did at School Today has had many production runs, so has been fully stage-tested.